HOW YOU CAN HELP
DONATE TO JAS TODAY
The best way to support Journey to Adult Success is by making a monetary donation through the button below. Your gift enables us to maintain our property and provide vital case-management services to all of our residents. We thank you for your generosity!
Are my donations tax-deductible?
Yes! We are a registered nonprofit 501(c)(3), so all donations are tax-deductible. When you donate online, you’ll receive a receipt via email.
Where do my donations go?
Your donations support living expenses and enrichment programming for youth aging out of foster care.
Here’s an example of how far your generosity could go:
- $25: a month of bus rides to get to work or school
- $100: four hours of training in valuable life skills
- $250: a start-up kit for a new resident
- $1,000: a one-month stay at JAS House
How do you measure your impact?
There’s no easy way to measure the individual successes of our residents, as each has a different journey to a healthy and independent life. We do, however, compare the lives of our residents after they leave JAS House to the statistics of the average youth who has aged out of foster care. In this regard, we’ve had excellent results — and would be happy to share data via email.
How are you funded?
We fund Journey to Adult Success in a variety of ways.
- Rent: Our residents pay rent on a sliding scale.
- Income-producing unit: JAS House has an attached apartment that we rent out for monthly income. As we expand, we hope to replicate this model, as it will enable us to spend more time working with our residents and less time fundraising.
- Community collaboration: We cooperate with a range of ongoing social service programs, taking advantage of funding opportunities already available in the community.
- Donations: We are incredibly grateful for individual and corporate donations of any size. Past donors include the Cloud Foundation; Let Me Be Frank Productions; Dan Holstead; Green Bay P.E.O., Chapter BS; U.S. Venture/Schmidt Family Foundation; Green Bay Packers; and WG&R Furniture.
What are your overhead costs?
In order to support as many youth as we can, we strive to keep our overhead as low as possible. Our costs include utilities, daily case management, and a staffer who’s on call 24 hours a day. We also have a resident advisor who lives on-site and oversees the safety of our youth.
Other ways to support JAS
Want to donate your time to JAS? Our ongoing needs include general house and garden maintenance, as well as meal preparation and cooking demos for our residents. For those with expertise in a particular subject area, we’d welcome you to lead a workshop; past volunteers have covered personal finance and strategies for purchasing a vehicle. If you’d like to learn more about these opportunities — or if you have other skills or knowledge you’d like to share — please get in touch.
Make an in-kind donation
We’re always in need of household goods, such as toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, and cleaning supplies. As for furniture, our storage capabilities are limited, but we often need dressers, bed frames, beds, and other household items when youth move out on their own. Please contact us for more information.
Tell your friends
If you believe in our mission, please help us spread the word about JAS House — and about the need for transitional youth housing in our community. You can also keep track of our work and our upcoming events by liking our Facebook page.